Welcome to Stoke Park Nursery class
Class teacher: Mrs Williams
Teaching assistants: Mrs Daly, Mrs Dicks and Mrs Bendon
Other adults you will meet: Miss Donlan – gymnastics teacher and Mrs Sage -ballet teacher
We are so excited to be working in the Nursery class and look forward to learning through play using our amazing inside and outside environment.
We offer a soft start to the day so parents are welcome to stay when dropping their children off. Please come into class, stay and do an activity with your child to support them settling and talk to the teachers.
Nursery Class Information:
Wednesday morning and Thursday morning are P.E days (ballet and gymnastics) so please remember to put your child in loose clothing and shoes/trainers they are able to take off/put on themselves e.g. Velcro shoes/trainers. We will be encouraging independence.
Tuesday and Friday are Forest school sessions so please provide sensible clothing for the environment and weather e.g. labelled wellington boots and waterproofs or sun hat/sun cream. (No open shoes allowed to protect their feet.)
The children love to get wet and muddy in their play so please leave a bag of labelled and spare clothes on their peg. If your child is using nappies then please supply nappies and wipes in a labelled bag on their peg too.
It has been discovered that if children know eight nursery rhymes by heart by the time they’re four years old, they’re usually among the best readers by the time they’re eight. Go to the BBC website link below to listen to and learn the most popular rhymes we sing at school – https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04ss1s9
TOPIC WEBS – Below are the topic webs for the year, please click on the links to view:
Term 1: All about me topic web
Term 2: Celebrations topic web
Term 3: Space Topic web
Term 4: Fairy tales topic web
Term 5: Marvellous Minibeasts topic web
Term 6: Our Heroes Topic Web
Early Years Pupil Premium:
What is the Early Years Pupil Premium?
The Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) is extra funding for early years providers to improve outcomes for eligible children.
How will I know if my child is entitled?
Your child will be eligible if:
They are 3 or 4 years of age and receiving free (Government funded) education with any Ofsted registered early years/nursery provider, and are in receipt of one or more of these benefits (used to access eligibility for free school meals):
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (unless you’re also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and earn no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop receiving Working Tax Cedit
- or if:
- they have been in Local Authority care for 1 day or more in England or Wales
- they have been adopted from care in England or Wales
- they have left care under a special guardianship order or residence order in England or Wales
- How much is the funding?
- The amount is 53p per hour. It is directly linked to the number of free hours you are taking up at your childcare provider as part of their normal funding claim. This means £302 a year if your child takes up the full 570 hours funded entitlement to early education.
- How do I apply for EYPP funding?
- Please complete the form provided in your admission pack, we will use the money in ways we think will support your child’s learning and development. This will be informed by our understanding of your child’s needs and preferences.
- Will I be involved in how the money is spent?
- Your child’s Class Teacher, as part of their ongoing communication, will continue to talk to you about your child’s time at Stoke Park Nursery.
- How will the EYPP be used?
- The EYPP will be used to support your child’s learning and development. We may combine the EYPP payments for several children, or work with other providers, in order to fund specific activities or training.
Now accepting children for September 2019, 15 and 30hours both available and whole day sessions now available too!
Please contact us directly using the form below if you would like to arrange a visit or call: 0117 3772840