Our broad curriculum provides stimulating and engaging learning experiences that enable children to take risks and discover their own unique interests and talents. Through these experiences our pupils build self-belief, are proud of what they achieve and inspire others.
Pupils at Stoke Park are taught an ambitious curriculum, which is rigorous, coherent and sequential, where knowledge is taught to be remembered. Our cumulative curriculum from EYFS to Year 6, ensures that children build on their knowledge every year.
The following principles guide our curriculum design (intent) and delivery (implementation) across all subjects.
At Stoke Park the curriculum is:
- rich in powerful knowledge, skills and vocabulary, which are specified, taught, assessed and remembered by pupils;
- well-planned and sequenced so that key concepts are built on year by year;
- rooted in the strongest available evidence about how pupils learn and retain knowledge in the long term;
- planned sequentially and with a clear rationale for making connections with prior learning;
- taught by expert teachers;
- underpinned by a sharp use of assessment to support and progress learning;
- supportive of teacher workload, wellbeing and professional development.
Enquiries regarding our curriculum should be addressed to the class teacher in the first instance.
Mrs Lambert or Miss Simmonds can be contacted via the school office if further information is required.