Be kind, be proud, strive for success
Our school values underpin everything we do, from the way we learn, how we talk to each other, how we play together and what we celebrate.
Our support for personal wellbeing and development enables our children to build trusting friendships, become strong in spirit, make wise personal choices, and have strength of character. They learn to be kind and responsible citizens who can contribute positively to the world in which they live.
Our broad curriculum provides stimulating and engaging learning experiences that enable children to take risks and discover their own unique interests and talents. Through these experiences our pupils build self-belief, are proud of what they achieve and inspire others.
We promote high standards of achievement and a love of learning, encouraging all members of our school community to strive for success. Each child develops the skills, knowledge and understanding they need to have successful, fulfilled childhoods and to provide a strong foundation for secondary education and beyond.
- Our school is a welcoming, calm and safe environment
- We expect all members of our school community to treat others with kindness and respect.
- Our children learn to learn to work effectively with others, valuing the different contributions they and others make.
- We want our children to be kind and caring towards the natural environment; we develop a sense of responsibility for the future of our planet.
- We have a strong sense of community within our school and learn to be responsible citizens of Lockleaze, Bristol and beyond.
- We proactively celebrate the achievements of individuals and our school community, and are proud of what we achieve.
- We develop self-belief and confidence through opportunities to develop skills and talents, with a particular focus on the arts.
- We take care of our school and its environment - our staff and children are proud to be part of the Stoke Park community.
Strive for Success
- We expect all of our school community to work hard and do their best.
- Our children are encouraged to set themselves high standards and seek and enjoy challenge.
- We focus on the core curriculum of reading, writing and maths to provide the foundation for success across the full curriculum.
- We encourage our children to develop wider skills and talents which will enable them to flourish academically, socially and personally in the future.
- We teach our children to be able to articulate ideas, develop understanding and engage with others through spoken language.
- We support our children to become effective speakers and listeners, empowering them to better understand themselves, each other and the world around them.
- Learning behaviours are explicitly taught so that our children understand how their attitude and approach has a direct impact on their success.