At Stoke Park we embrace Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in everything that we do. We are committed to everyone in our school community experiencing equality of opportunity, respect and feeling included. We celebrate diversity and promote a positive culture where everyone can thrive and feel proud of who they are.
We are committed to the development of cohesive communities both within our school and within our local, national and global environments.
The Equality Act 2010 was introduced to ensure protection from discrimination, harassment and victimisation on the grounds of specific characteristics (referred to as protected characteristics). This means that schools cannot discriminate against pupils and staff or treat them less favourably because of their sex (gender), race, disability, religion or belief, gender reassignment, sexual orientation or pregnancy or maternity.
Our school aims to meet its obligations under the Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED) by having due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment, victimisation or other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
Our Equalities objectives from November 2022 are:
- To reduce prejudice related behaviour and the use of discriminatory language.
- To ensure the curriculum content includes positive representation and imagery of groups within the school.
- To improve the participation and engagement of our families who speak English as an additional language (EAL).