School Meals at Stoke Park
Our school dinners are cooked on site daily and provided by the catering company 'Innovate'.
School meals are booked and paid for in advance online. There is a choice of meals and these choices are made at the time of booking. A sample menu can be found here.
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a free school meal (known as Universal Free School Meals), regardless of income or eligibility for benefits. These meals should still be chosen and booked online, even though no payment is required.
Children are also welcome to bring a packed lunch, please see our 'packed lunch and snack policy' which gives guidance on healthy lunchboxes. Please remember that we are a 'no nuts' school, due to children with sever allergies.
Free School Meals
Parents or Carers of children in Year 3 and above can apply for Free School Meals if they are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (as long as you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit: if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get. This is also called the 'minimum income floor'.) If your child is eligible for free school meals they will eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they are in on 31 March 2023.
You can check whether you are eligible for free school meals by visiting the following website:
Alternatively, you can request a paper registration form from the School Office or directly from the Free School Meals Team at Bristol City Council on 0117 903 7990
The Pupil Premium is extra funding for every child who is eligible for free school meals throughout their time at school, regardless of their year group.
We ask all parents to find out if their child can get free schools meals and to register for Pupil Premium funding, even if they are in Reception or Key Stage 1 and don't pay for their meals.
Pupil Premium funding comes directly to the school and helps to pay for things like school trips, breakfast clubs, or additional teachers and assistants to provide extra support and 1 to 1 tutoring.
At Stoke Park Primary we offer the following to all families who successfully register:
- One free school sweat shirt per year
- A free book bag
- Subsidised trips
- Subsidised clubs and activities
- A subsidised place on the Residential Trip in Year 6, for all children who register and renew their registration when required
If you think you may be entitled to pupil premium funding or free school meals you can apply online using the link below:
Apply for pupil premium/free school meals
Booking and Paying for School Meals
At Stoke Park, all online payments are made via Parentpay.